Oxygen for hot shops, flameworking studios and scientific glass shops of every size
The HVO System is a perpetual oxygen generator that automates your oxygen supply. Our proprietary logic controller senses stored oxygen pressure and turns the compressor and the attached oxygen concentrators on and off to keep up with demand. Your usage determines how often the system runs to generate oxygen. The on-demand production of oxygen means you can blow glass while the system fills. Each system is built with oxygen-rated, high-quality components, and is made to order with your studio’s specifications in mind.
|HVO Mighty Mite Classic Plus||HVO Titan 1 Classic Plus||HVO Titan 2 Classic Plus|
|Best for: One to multiple torch studios, high pressure torches||Best for: Medium to large studios, universities, and institutional settings||Best for: Very large studios, universities, and institutional settings|
Oxygen Clean Tank Sizes
All models can be configured with the tanks shown at left. The larger your tank, the larger your oxygen storage capacity. More storage means more time using oxygen at a flow rate that is greater than the rate at which the attached oxygen concentrators can make oxygen. For example, if your HVO System has two 10 liter per minute (LPM) concentrators and your torch consumes 20 LPM, oxygen consumption is equal to production. If you turn the torch up to 30 LPM, you are now outpacing your concentrators, so your stored oxygen will diminish over time. If you increase your storage, either by using larger tanks, or by adding tanks, you’ll increase the time during which you can use oxygen at an increased flow rate.
Tanks are available in the following sizes:
- 20 gallon system – With this system you’ll want to match your input (LPM from concentrators) closely to your output (LPM used by torch), as there’s not a lot of excess storage. The HVO 20 is perfect for small spaces and portable shops, and can fit under your bench. Special order item only.
- 30 gallon system – This system has a small footprint while providing ample storage. It’s a good option for a one or two torch studio.
- 60 gallon system – This system greatly extends your burst rate working time. This is the minimum recommended configuration for working with Herbert Arnold and equivalent torches.
- 80 gallon system – This is our largest tank size — perfect for studios that want to maximize their space and storage requirements.
We sell the following new (not refurbished or modified) oxygen concentrators:
All models provide 93-95% pure oxygen and include a factory warranty that covers service and parts.
How to Expand Your HVO System
The HVO System is modular, meaning that you can add components to your existing system to increase capacity. There are multiple options for expanding your system, each of which addresses a particular need.
Add Oxygen Concentrators and Relay Boxes
The sum of the flow rates of your oxygen concentrators equals your sustainable flow rate. If your goal is to increase your sustainable oxygen flow rate (i.e. your liters per minute), adding concentrators may be your best option.
Each HVO compressor has a maximum LPM of input that it can accept, which we refer to as the “Compression Capacity”. This indicates the number of concentrators per system.
- For the Mighty Mite compressor, the limit is *36 LPM, or four 10 LPM concentrators.
- For the Titan 1 compressor, the limit is *54 LPM or six 10 LPM concentrators
- For the Titan 2 compressor, the limit is *63 LPM or seven 10 LPM concentrators
If you exceed the maximum number of concentrators for your configuration, you can add a Drone, storage tank, and additional concentrators.
*We recommend operating your 10 LPM concentrators at 9 LPM to increase the oxygen concentration
Add a Drone
A Drone is a compressor controlled by the Main. It is used to add compression capacity so that you can connect more concentrators to your system. A Drone includes a tank and a compressor that responds to a signal from the Main to turn on and off. The Main and Drone tanks are connected via a braided steel oxygen line (included) to create a single “atmosphere” that has a common pressure. This pressure is sensed by the Main to maintain the pressure in all tanks within the range that is appropriate for your system (100 – 160 PSI for the Titan 1 and Mighty Mite, 100-175 PSI for the Titan 2).
Mighty Mite and Titan compressors of different types may be used among the Main and Drone(s).
Add a Storage Tank
You may want to increase your storage by adding a tank that connects to your Main tank. This is useful when the flow rate from your concentrators is sufficient most of the time, but you have the occasional need to exceed that rate.
Add a Backup-Oxygen Supply Valve
This product allows you to keep compressed or liquid tanks on standby to supplement your HVO system’s capacity. This is useful in a variety of scenarios, including:
- When you plan to hold an event in your studio and you need to attach more or bigger torches than your HVO system was designed to handle.
- When you have a big project that requires higher-than-normal oxygen usage.
- When you want to reduce your oxygen cost, but can only afford a small HVO System to start.
What are the manufacturer recommendations for my torch?
See the resources below for more information about your torch: