Oxygen for flameworking studios and scientific glass shops of every size
The HVO System is a perpetual oxygen compression system that automates your oxygen supply. Our proprietary logic controller senses stored oxygen pressure and turns the compressor and the attached oxygen concentrators on and off to keep up with demand. Your usage determines how often the system runs to generate oxygen. Each system is constructed of oxygen-rated, high-quality components, and is built to order with your studio’s specifications in mind.
|HVO Standard Classic||HVO Mighty Mite Classic||HVO MAX Classic|
|Best for: Hobbyists to individual glass blowers working on lower pressure torches||Best for: Larger studios, high pressure torches||Best for: Large studios, universities and institutional settings|
10 to 45 LPM (1-5 M10s)
30 PSI max. torch pressure
20 to 45 LPM (2-5 M10s)
100 PSI max. torch pressure
40 to 55 LPM (4-6 M10s)
100 PSI max. torch pressure
Tank Sizes and Dimensions
All models can be configured with the tanks shown at left. The larger your tank, the larger your oxygen storage capacity. More storage means more time using oxygen at a flow rate that is greater than the rate at which the attached oxygen concentrators can make oxygen. For example, if your HVO System has two 10 liter per minute (LPM) concentrators and your torch consumes 20 LPM, oxygen consumption is equal to production. If you turn the torch up to 30 LPM, you are now outpacing your concentrators, so your stored oxygen will diminish over time. If you increase your storage, either by using larger tanks, or by adding tanks, you’ll increase the time during which you can use oxygen at an increased flow rate.
Tanks are available in the following sizes:
- 20 gallon system – With this system you’ll want to match your input (LPM from concentrators) closely to your output (LPM used by torch), as there’s not a lot of excess storage. The HVO 20 is perfect for small spaces and portable shops, and can fit under your bench.
- 30 gallon system – This system has a small footprint while providing ample storage. It’s a good option for a one or two torch studio.
- 60 gallon system – This system greatly extends your burst rate working time. This is the minimum recommended configuration for working with Herbert Arnold and equivalent torches.
- 80 gallon system – This is our largest tank size — perfect for studios that want to maximize their space and storage requirements.
We sell the following new (not refurbished or modified) oxygen concentrators:
- Respironics Millenium M10
- Airsep NewLife Intensity 10
Both models provide 10 Liters per Minute (LPM) of 93-95% pure oxygen and include a factory warranty that covers service and parts.
How to Expand Your HVO System
The HVO System is modular, meaning that you can add components to your existing system to increase capacity. There are multiple options for expanding your system, each of which addresses a particular need.
Add Concentrators and Relay Boxes
The sum of the flow rates of your concentrators equals your sustainable flow rate. If your goal is to increase your sustainable oxygen flow rate (i.e. your liters per minute), adding concentrators may be your best option.
Each HVO compressor has a maximum LPM of input that it can accept, which we refer to as the “Compression Capacity”. This indicates the number of concentrators per system. For the MAX compressor, the limit is 55 LPM or six 10 LPM concentrators (we recommend operating your 10 LPM concentrators at 9 LPM to increase oxygen purity). For the Mighty Mite and Standard compressors, the limit is 45 LPM, or five 10 LPM concentrators. If you go over that number, you’ll need a drone and tank combination.
Add a Drone
A Drone is used to add compression capacity so that you can add concentrators after you exceed the limit of the Master. A Drone includes a tank and a compressor that responds to a signal from the Master to turn on and off. The Master and Drone tanks are connected via a braided steel oxygen line (included) to create a single “atmosphere” that has a common pressure. This pressure is sensed by the Master to maintain the pressure in all tanks within the range that is appropriate for your system (30 – 100 PSI for the Standard, 100 – 150 PSI for the MAX and Mighty Mite).
When adding a Drone, pair a Standard Master with a Standard Drone. Mighty Mite and MAX products may be used interchangeably.
Add a Storage Tank
You may want to increase your storage by adding a tank that connects to your Master tank. This is useful when the flow rate from your concentrators is sufficient most of the time, but you have the occasional need to exceed that rate.
Add a Backup-Oxygen Supply Valve
This product allows you to keep compressed or liquid tanks on standby to supplement your HVO system’s capacity. This is useful in a variety of scenarios, including:
- When you plan to hold an event in your studio and you need to attach more or bigger torches than your HVO system was designed to handle.
- When you have a big project that requires higher-than-normal oxygen usage.
- When you want to reduce your oxygen cost, but can only afford a small HVO System to start.
What are the manufacturer recommendations for my torch?
See the resources below for more information about your torch: